Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Before reading the following, check out my husband's last post. regarding the thankfulness of children:)


"Someone must see the family as worth fighting for, worth calling a career, worth the hard work of training a child in godliness, worth the relentless tasks involved in running a home...This 'someone' is the wife, the mother, and the homemaker and that, as such, she must embrace a life of being the giver. That's our role as mothers." ~Elizabeth George

"And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up."
Galations 6:9

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon

No painter's brush, nor poet's penIn justice to her fameHas ever reached half high enoughTo write a mother's name.~Author Unknown

6 comments:

Kristi said...

very sweet! how are you guys? we have not seen you in a very long time... whenever we are home it is always so crazy. hope all is well! much love!

The Engelhardt 4 said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Blessings, my sweet friend!!

{ Kiddos & K9s } said...

LOVE this.... Happy Mother's Day Friend and Neighbor! See you soon... ~ kim

Matt Tonne said...

Happy Mother's Day Keri! You are a great mom!

thosetonnes said...

Thank you sweet Keri!

The Lancasters said...

Just wanted to say hi.......I haven't seen you in forever! :(