Saturday, April 14, 2007

Emma's Prayer to "Die Quickly"

Ok, David and I are dying laughing right now. This may be our final blog.:)

Emma blessed our food tonight at dinner and prayed that God would, " Let us die quickly". We have recently had a horrible storm and with Easter and talking about Jesus dying on the cross for us, we have had MUCH talk about death lately. We have shared Philippians 1:21 "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." She loves verses like that, and rightfully so. I don't want anyone to think that I disagree with the girl. I can't wait for the moment when I meet Jesus face to face.
She has a beautiful outlook on death. It is just a little shocking when you are about to eat and your three year old asks to bless the food...and in doing so asks to "die quickly."

Mark10:13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” 16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them."

No comments: